Dec 26, 2006

I LOVED Volver. I think I might love Almodovar with my whole heart, ever since my mom forced me to watch Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown in high school (she also made us see Blue Velvet, in the theater!) I think I've seen all of his movies in the theater, except Matador, and I can't even evaluate his movies the way I might other people's, I just love entering into his crazy womanly hyper-dramatical world with all those colors and byoootiful songs. Plus everyone always talks so emphatically and is always tearing up or about to throw something! AND: Penelope Cruz in this movie is possibly one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen. Tomorrow I am going to see Perfume. That amazing book, and the Run Lola Run guy directing!

I am really trying to finish my book this week and over the long weekend. No wild New Year's plans for meee!