Dec 24, 2006

My family and I saw this incredibly intense, gorgeous, erotic musical on Broadway today, Spring Awakening, that my friend Eric has been telling me about for months now. We also had Injun food for lunch and played Canasta all evening. And for dinner, deviled eggs and ham! I can't believe deviled eggs aren't a regular and dramatic part of my daily existence, as they might possibly be the perfect food.

Last night we went to see Handel's Messiah at Carnegie Hall and I thought I was going to die of boredom. I glamorously whisked myself to the downstairs cafe for the last act and worked on my novel. I would have liked to be swept up in the music and all transported, like the crazy head-bobbing lady in front of me -- bobbing her head and swaying back and forth! -- but alas. I was immune. Even thinking about that hour and twenty minutes of the first act, me sitting there counting down the songs until I could make my escape, gives me a headache. At one point I took out binoculars, thinking they might make everything more interesting, but as I attempted to unlatch the velcro case the man in front of me darted his head back to me in disapproval. I tried to unlatch it more and back his head went. A little while later a man in the same row whispered something to the woman he was with, and the awful woman next to me leaned over and said "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. BE QUIET!" Them Handel fans are feisty.

Tomorrow my parents and sister are coming to my abode to cook turkey, and after we're seeing Volver.

The end.