Mar 6, 2007

So I spent last weekend in Philadelphia at my friends Mark and Jen's house, which is one of my favorite places, and I came down with my friends Rob and Bonnie on Saturday morning, and Sunday was Jen's baby shower, and I bought her items made from GINGHAM which made me very jealous as I too should own gingham, and we dined on small tea cakes and other delectable and delicate delights and I played BINGO with ferocity in my heart since Bonnie works at Vogue and populated a whole basket worth of prizes with amazing beauty items she bought for $1 at work. These are items so wondrous that I look at them and feel my life would be vastly better if they were a part of it. Like the BLING EYE SHADOW KIT, which is now in my possession and makes my eyelids green and shimmering. Like a mermaid's!

Anyway, I have written before about how much I love this South Philly house, which is narrow and tall and four stories high and it has WINDOWBOXES and is filled with old things and now I have EVIDENCE.

It is the kind of house in which cats lounge in front of fires:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is the kind of house in which mirrors look like moonstones and tree branches grow on pillows:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is the kind of house in which art featuring umbrellas and fish hangs from the wall:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is the kind of house in which sparkling and fancifully iced raspberry lemonade is served:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is the owner of the house, Mark, and me. Mark is one of my oldest friends. Mark has a twin brother named Kenny who is a puppeteer. Kenny's wife Shima, who is a costume designer, revealed this weekend that she is friends with AUSTIN SCARLETT.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is Mark's wife Jen, who is wearing a ring with a bird on it that I plan to steal:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is Mark and my sister and Mark and me 12 years ago, before our hearts grew old and bitter and we knew that it would never be made right, not ever.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The end.