Jun 30, 2007

Last night Eric and Shax took me out for drinks and dinner at BAR CENTRALE and then to XANADU on Broadway for my birthday. Xanadu was hilarious and awesome and ridiculous and not only featured a rousing and unexpected rendition of "Have You Never Been Mellow" but also one of the cheesiest, best scenes I've ever seen in which our confectionary pink-and-white-clad heroine Kiera rides on Pegasus over the stage while glittery clouds lower and raise around her. Eric, who is a theater person extraordinaire, said it's the first show he's gone to purely on word of mouth. This morning he also reminded me of the musical classic "Make a Move on Me," which is a song that hasn't even entered my head since I was a kid. I downloaded it immediately, of course, and all my Olivia love came rushing back. Grease.. That one album you unfold, where she's lying in her back with her arm raised.. I think she defined all womanhood for me when I was 8.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In other news, this afternoon, in the midst of a lovely manicure and pedicure, my eyeballs fell on this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

THOSE ARE NAILS.