Jul 13, 2007

So my grandmother Krinbill, my mother's mother, was always a voracious reader and a beautiful, lyrical writer but in the last few years she's suffered an almost total loss of vision and so now she mostly listens to audiobooks and can only read using this big magnifying machine thing. My uncle read Rain Village to her, the whole thing, but for the second book my mom asked me to print it up in huge text, all double-spaced in 20-something font, and it came out to be hundreds of pages and my mom went and got it bound into five different books and shipped them all down to Florida and then my grandmother sat and read the whole thing using her machine. My uncle just now sent me these photos.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket