Aug 8, 2007

This morning I had a long talk with my sister, who is at the Four Seasons in Shanghai. Tomorrow she flies to Vietnam for a couple of weeks, then she's going into Cambodia and Malaysia before meeting my dad in southern Vietnam for a week and flying out of Singapore after. Last year she took a long trip to Thailand and Hong Kong. Not to mention CUBA. It is quite untoward of her, all of it.

This is how she describes Shanghai: "It's like New York but with cooler shaped skyscrapers, and everyone's speaking Chinese and shit."

While I am on the subject, I thought I should also share this obnoxious email she sent last week :

What is your mailing address lamo? How is humdrum life going? I climbed the great wall (that is a historical thing in china that you wouldn't understand) really fast because I am so fit now.