Nov 18, 2007

Since I have answered all my emails and Joi is still working (in an internet cafe), I would also like to add that I was APPALLED to discover that I am reading an ABRIDGED version of Casanova's autobiography. I believe that when a book is abridged it should proclaim so loudly and on its cover. I should have known that a book bought in Venice would be sneaky and untoward and even downright deceptive.

In other news, when touring the Coliseum and Forum today, I was surprised by the depth of my jealousy of the ancient Romans. As my modern mind was horrified by the violence and excess of it all, from the depths of my ancient soul I wanted to walk on those heated marble floor's of the emporer's palace and eat bread made by vestal virgins while watching ovely muscled gladiators fight lions.