Jan 23, 2008

I just sent in my revised second novel (Godmother), up from 59,000 to 72,000 words.. FINALLY!!!!

The book is scheduled to come out next spring from Three Rivers Press, by the way.

It has been VERY HARD trying to finish this book while also writing 15 pages a week of the Dante book (which requires so much research, too) for this new workshop. Not to mention a bunch of deadlines at work. And boot camp. But for some reason I seem to function much better when I have a ton of things to do. And when I am free and clear, I just want to watch Law and Order for 50000 hours at a stretch. Sigh.

In other news, my friend Phillip and his dog Molly are staying with me for the next week, he being one of those 200 peoples who were unceremoniously booted out of their Williamsburg loft building after GRAIN SILOS (for an illegal matzoh factory run by the landlord) were discovered in the basement by the FDNY, and last night Molly refused to sleep on my couch with Phillip and instead tangled herself up in my legs on the bed and stared at me dreamily all night long.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think we might be in love.