May 4, 2008

Some random things:

I LOVED City of Men and also, to my astonishment, Iron Man. I've never never loved a comic book/superhero movie before except maybe Superman when I was a little kid, and unfortunately I've seen most of them. But Iron Man is astonishingly good and never gets stupid or lame or loose or boring like almost every big Hollywood movie does at the end. I've also never really liked Gwyneth Paltrow before and here I thought she was perfect. Oh, I also loved Four Months, Three Weeks, and Two Days.

AND I loved Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You, the loveliest sweetest most wrenching novel about growing up, by Peter Cameron. I am also reading a lot of James M. Cain right now, whom I think is one of the best and most brutal noir writers.

Also: yesterday I got new racquetball racquets and biking stuff and it was very exciting but I was most happy to see that: 1) nowadays one can buy racquet balls that are bright pink, and 2) I look surprising chic in a bike helmet. Who looks good in a bike helmet? That's right, I DO. Ha!

AND: I shall soon be taking either a pottery or a dark room photography class.

The end.