Sep 17, 2008

Since my friend Krysztof put this up, I am clearly compelled to follow.

Take a picture of yourself right now.
Don't change your clothes, don't fix your hair...just take a picture.
Post that picture with NO editing.
Post these instructions with your picture.




In other news...

1. I love my accordion and dark room photography classes though between them I think my head might explode. So many technical details! But I can now play POP GOES THE WEASAL, which is really all that anyone could ask for, and by tomorrow eve I will have processed my first two rolls of film. I met a classmate on Saturday to take photos, and it was raining, and when we came upon a whole patch of wet and dying black-eyed susans next to a twisty massive-rooted probably-comes-to-life-every-night-and-kills-people tree, my vaguely gothic heart exploded and I proceeded to lie in the mud and shoot all two rolls of film right there. And probably every photo I took was completely cliche but the awesome thing about hobbies if you can suck at them and it doesn't matter. Tho secretly I plan to be a genius at both within a year. By then I will play Pop Goes the Weasal with such finesse you will burst into tears the minute I hit the first note.

2. Actually, I have nothing else to say. I am now going to finish proofing the second-pass pages for Godmother and then get back to finishing my noir.

3. Oh except I forgot that I love these photos by Susan Mieselas, from her book Carnival Strippers, which is the best title for anything ever, except maybe for the F. Scott Fitzgerald story "The Diamond as Big as the Ritz":





The end.